Johan Vandendriessche’s practice covers ICT law, data protection and privacy law, as well as intellectual property law. He combines a broad technology sector approach with an in-depth experience in ICT projects and procurement, outsourcing, data protection and compliance. The focus of his practice is advisory work, as well as drafting and negotiating technology related contracts.
Having advised on legal issues related to information security, data mining (‘big data’), cloud computing, BYOD and digital archiving, Johan follows the technological developments closely.
Johan combines his law practice with several academic activities. He is, amongst others, Visting Professor in ICT law at the University of Ghent. He publishes articles on ICT law and data protection law related topics. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars.
Member of the Brussels Bar (Nederlandstalige Orde van Advocaten bij de Balie te Brussel), admitted in 2001.
- Visiting Professor, ‘ICT Law’, Master in Economic Science, University Ghent.
- Lecturer, ‘Legal and contractual aspects of project management’, Project Management, EHSAL Management School (Odisee).
- Lecturer, ‘Contractual aspects of operational management’, Operational Management, EHSAL Management School (Odisee).
- Visiting Lecturer, ‘Law, Regulations, Compliance and Investigations’, Information Security Management, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management.
- Co-editor, Practical Guide to ICT Law (‘Praktijkboek Recht & Internet’ – Uitgeverij Vanden Broele’).
- Member of the Editorial Board, Permanent Guide to Contract Law (‘Bestendig Handboek Verbintenissenrecht’ – Kluwer).
- Member of the Editorial Board, Digital Evidence and Electronic Signatures Law Review (http://journals.sas.ac.uk/deeslr/).